CVS is complicated. Learning how to use it is a challenge. However, it is a necessary tool for anyone wanting to contribute a module or theme to Drupal. Fortunately, there's a lot of documentation on how to use CVS. Unfortunately, there's a lot of documentation on how to use CVS. This session will try to condense all of that down into something we can wrap our heads around.
* Quick overview of the basic ideas of version control.
* Walk through the steps to contribute a module.
* Describe the cycle of updating and committing changes.
* Tagging: make an official release!
* Branching, or "Which files am I using now?"
By the time we're done, everybody should have a higher level of confidence in using CVS. Some people might even have become first-time contributers.
A CVS account for Drupal's repository will let you participate, but it's not necessary for learnin'.