There are many developers who can't stand working with CSS, but are occasionally forced to, and many site administrators who are asked to make small changes to a site's design, but don't know where to start. This session aims to cover the basics of CSS and how to use it to make alterations to your site's theme.
If there's interest, I'll follow up this session with a BoF to help tackle specific problems on your own sites.
Please let me know if there's something I've missed from the agenda.
* What is CSS?
* I don't get the cascade: please explain it again.
* Using the cascade to target different areas of your page.
* FireBug to the rescue!
* Take apart page.tpl.php and put it back together the way you want it.
* Using template.php to make your life easier.
* Modules that can help.
* Dealing with Internet Explorer.
This session aims to cover the basics of CSS and how to use it to make alterations to your site's theme.
Familiarity with Drupal, perhaps a rough idea of what's in a theme.
Some knowledge of HTML.
We'll be copying and pasting a little PHP, too.