With Boston state of Drupal introducing the future (Drupal 7 and beyond). It seems time that researchers get united to build an academic support for Drupal. What better way to do this than find grands that can support the initiative?
After some discussion and some investigation, the IAPP call of the EU-framework looks appropriate. The goal of the call is to bring research and industry closer together: to get SMEs (in EU) using Drupal together with research groups (in EU) working on Drupal. With a research focus on the semantic web and how to focus on data exchange.
* An overview of the AIPP call, incentives and goals
+ what can it do for the Drupal community (10 min)
* Round table: expressing once interest in the call (10 min)
* Putting it all together, finding a common ground (10 min)
* Working on the draft (20 min)
* rounding up and making the agenda for what should get done (10)
The intention of the BoF is to create a draft for the call. Who is involved and will do what?
The goal is to make the draft detailed enough so we can finish it by online collaboration.
The primary resource is the IAPP call . However it is expected to get more information along the way. The new resource may be posted here or in the research and academia group